They created a new history for Cheer 2008 by being the first team ever to walk away with more than one award, all are big awards okay like the Best Showmanship award, Silkygirl Merit award (with no mistakes at all, no deductions) and orfcourse, the overall champion for Cheer 2008 which is organised by The Star, Youth 2. It was a tough decision between Shirtliff from SMK Seri Bintang Utara (formerly known as Bukit Bintang Girl School which the land is now being replaced by The Pavilion) and Dynamitez from SMK Damansara Jaya cause both teams performed equally well, very near to perfection. However, I personally think Shirtliff outshined Dynamitez abit due to their energetic routine and return-to-win attitude.
I was late with my friends, so I missed a few teams which I think could be in the top five. They were Titans, Blitzers, Stunners All-Boy, and Vulcanz All-Boy. You may think "Yer, guys also go for cheerleading?" but I can tell you, some all-boy teams are way better than girls ok. Results have proven it. The atmosphere was good and loud, with the majority supporters from SMK Convent Bukit Nanas (Xavier) all dressed in green, no wonder they went home with Best Supporter award. This award is usually dominated by Blitzers cause they will come in a few school buses. One interesting reason of me going to Cheer is because of the teamwork by all the teams and of course, the supporters from the respective school. It just makes you go 'Wow' when you see them perform synchronizingly.
The results are as follow (too many awards to be remembered, just to list a few):
Champion: Shirtliff (SMK Seri Bintang Utara)
1st Runner-up: Dynamitez (SMK Damansara Jaya)
2nd Runner-up: Stunner All-Boy (SM Sri KDU)
3rd Runner-up: Titans (SMK Ave Maria Convent)
4th Runner-up: Xavier (SMK Convent Bukit Nanas)
Best Newcomer: Pirates (Boys team from SMK Cochrane)
Best Dress: Can't remember but they're from SMK SS17 Subang Jaya.
This is hilarious but I think it is embarassing too cause when the host announced the Best Dress award went to SMK SS 17 Subang Jaya, one of the two teams ran happily to the floor mat to receive gifts but when they nicely posed to take picture, the host sensed something wrong. It was the wrong team, should be the other one instead. That was embarassing ok, but in the end both teams were there to take picture together. Hehe. I seriously cannot remember all the winning teams considering I'm very good already by remembering the top five teams.
Anyways, I was quite surprised that Blitzers from SMK Bdr Utama 4 did not make it into top five and was dissapointed with Sellors of SMK St.Mary. Something off the record, girls from St.Mary quite pretty lor but that was during my time in form five la. Lolz.
I actually recorded both Shirtliff and Dynamitez but somehow I couldn't upload the videos here. Guess will show it other time but I'm sure 8TV will air it soon. Just wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment