It's been exactly two years, a duration that is neither long nor short. I still remember her everyday, especially when I see her pictures. I miss her.
Two years ago, while I was studying in library. I got a call from my father, telling me something I didn't want to hear or rather, didn't want to face. She's gone, she's forever gone. I didn't get the chance to see her for the last time, the moment when she's gone.
Some people say when someone's life is ending soon, s/he will flash back memories in the past. Something that is significant to him/her. Before my mum passed away, about two weeks before that, she was abit unconcious. She can't really recognise my family and i, and hardly talk. Suddenly when she woke up, she whispered to me, "Are we in Taiwan already?" I hate to tell her this but I told her that we were in hospital. At that time, I knew she was thinking about the happy moments of my family travelling together in Taiwan.
She left us without saying a word. I remembered the last time she talked to me was on the phone. She was at hospital while me at home. She called me cause I was not feeling well. She asked me to take care of myself. That was the last sentence I heard from her. I regretted for not talking much more. I deeply regretted.
My mother is one of the greatest mums on earth. She always put family as her first priority, not even herself. She once told me, she will give the best to my siblings and i, simply because we're her children. When she first knew that she was diagnosed with cancer, last stage. The first thing she thought was about her family. But I knew she was worrying about my younger brother, he was just 13 that time. But why? Why He wants to take her away? Honestly, I don't know why it has to be my mother. She doesn't smoke or drink. She deserves to be loved by her children. This world is not fair. When you do something good, it's not always you will get something good.
Today is Mother's Day, used to be a day which I will be looking forward every year. Cause my siblings and I will buy a special gift to my mum. The last present she got from us was a diamond pendant with a necklace. The smile you see on her face worth every sen we paid. Although she will be saying don't waste money on buying gifts but deep down in her heart, she will appreciate it. Mother's Day is no longer the same for me.
I saw this from a drama saying "You can replace your partners and friends but you can never replace your family". Since today is Mother's Day, take this chance to let your mum know how much you love her. Do it before it's too late. Your small gestures meant a lot to her.
I miss her. I miss her a lot.
7 comments:
cyrus...bikin aku banjir aja....ihh....hugz for yu..tight ones...
aw cyrus.
i can't say i really know you feel, because i lost my grandmother.
but i miss her that much.
and it's funny, only when the person has gone that you feel you should have done more.
we won't ever do more until the person is gone.
but. such is life, no?
you had one of the best moms, even if it was for awhile.
it's worth it kan, to just be in the presence of these kind beings?
take care buddy.
cyrus i look so silly now! wanna know why? coz i am crying as i am typing this in the office.
i am proud of u for embracing your true feelings for your mum. There is no point to forget her presence, and more importantly, she doesn't deserve to be forgotten. *hugz*
dear cyrus,
i believe in one thing.. whatever happened, happens for a reason.. so be strong and look forward, remember? u told me.. i'm sure from that major incident, u learn n understand more than others what it means by treasure the people around you such as ur family, friends, and partner...Cheers,k?
Re: All
I also don't know why but I just felt like posting this entry that day. It's sad when you think of her and what she had to go through but I am ok. Don't worry ok?
"If you look forward, you survive today" (Tan 2006).
I believe in that =)
cyrus,
sometimes there really is no answer to the questions we ask. but i guess, after someone leaves us, only 2 things matter:
- the legacy he or she leaves behind
- the person we continue to be
as for your mum, she has left her legacy of being a great mum to you. and in your words, if she can read it now, she'll be so proud to know that she has raised a son like you.
and the person you are now, gives her another reason to be proud. because you're stronger than u used to be.
im honoured to have u as a friend, cyrus. u've taught me much abt life, and friendship itself. :) *hugs.
It's suppose to be
"If you look forward to tomorrow, you survive today!"
yay! *gambateh*hugz*
Post a Comment