Thursday, October 23, 2008

lost of creativity

I feel so sleepy right now but I must blog about this stupid advertisement I saw yesterday on the Star, it was Oldtown's. Yes, the cafe that is doing so well now and I heard it is opening its 100th outlet soon. I almost couldn't believe it cause the ad was stupid. I know the purpose for them advertising is to create awareness but it was too hard-sell of their products. Let me elaborate more.

The headline is something like 28 reasons why you need to go Oldtown, or something like that. The reasons are so stupid, I remember a few hilarious ones. First, 'you can sit down and look at the people passing by, then evaluate their dressings.' What a stupid reason? Can't I go to mamak (which is much cheaper) to evaluate people's dressings? I think there are more to be evaluated there. Lolz. Next, 'not in the mood of eating our nasi lemak? you can try some noddles too'. So hard-sell loh.

I wonder which agency produced Oldtown's advertisements. It's just, plain stupid. It's just depressing to see those kind of ads are being advertised. Maybe I shouldn't blame on the agency's fault because clients have the last word to say.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow~~Someone sounds angry here! Chill la....if tat's wat they wan, then why geram bout it? No point right~

p/s: Can u do better? :p

John said...

calm down..
adv is jus a thing to promote their own products,which is not an unusual thing..

*esther* said...

oh i think they revised a lil from air asia's ad. im not sure when was it, but air asia had an ad when they were having promotion for their tickets. they had so many reasons why we shud travel. but air asia's was catchy though. from what u said, old town's one sounded quite lame...