Tuesday, September 18, 2007

shopping paradise

When we talk about shopping paradise, which country comes to your mind?


For me, it gotta be Hong Kong and Singapore (because i have experienced before, shop till i drop. Lolz) I mean, who can resists the temptations right? But anyway, I think I'm much more better than the girls, the natural-born shopaholic. At least I know how to spend my money wisely on the right things. I better not elaborate more, or else I'm so dead back in college (the gender ratio in my class is 1:7 ok!)


Back to the topic. Can Malaysia be a shopping paradise? I seriously doubt it. Come on, all the shopping centres in Klang Valley are scattered around. And the public transportation is just so not reliable and inconvenient. Don't go too far, turn 160 degree clockwise to look at Singapore. It is well-known as a shopping paradise for tourists because all the shopping malls are located at one place. Yes, along the famous Orchard Road. There are at least 10 malls located along the road and it is so convenient to get urself there. Same thing goes to Hong Kong. Their MRT systems are so organised till you can go wherever you want in the town just by stepping your foot into the train. Whereas here in Klang Valley, sigh~ don't wanna talk about it.

I post up this entry today because there are 3 shopping malls are opening its doors this month. Namely: The Pavillion, The Gardens, and Sunway Pyramid Annexe. Pavillion is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, yes, at Bukit Bintang (opposite Star Hill Gallery). The ground was once occupied by Bukit Bintang Girls School (now as Seri Bintang Utara in Cheras). I heard that one of the main investor is a Hong Kong tycoon, it explains why The Pavillion is a high-class shopping mall then. With the land area of 1.4 million sq ft, there are about 450 outlets inside!

Meanwhile, The Gardens at Mid Valley will have around 200 outlets that comprises a four-storey shopping mall, two office towers, and a five-star Gardens Hotel and Residences. You can expect to see department store like Isetan, big names like Coach, Hugo Boss, Banana Republic, and Aigner there. Ok, we should imagine how the traffic will kill us in Mid Valley next time. On the other hand, the newly expanded Sunway Pyramid Annexe adds 800,000 sq ft to the old wing with special retail precincts: Marrakesh, Asia Avenue, Oasis Boulevard, and Fashion Central. As for Pyramid Annexe, big names coming in are like Guess, Gap, Marks&Spencer, Raoul, and Lacoste.

Shopaholics sekalian, please take note that The Pavillion is opening on this coming Thursday (20 Sept 2007), The Gardens on Sept 26 while Sunway Pyramid Annexe on Sept 30. Share your feedback with me if you happen to go to one of these three malls. Personally, I'm looking forward to The Pavillion.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. Pavillon huh??
u gonna get a part-time job there.. very soon
XD
I heard that only invited guest are allow to go for the grand opening for Pavillon...
Hm.. Mid Vally n Sunway's.. i wanna go.. anyone? =p

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyrus, how come no more tagboard?

sawwaa! said...

yeah. i'm looking forward to the pavillion too. JUICY COUTURE!!!

eh. i think go all of three places must look nice.. or rich lor. haha!

..and ur Friend Test is JUST AS HARD OK!!!! GRRRRR.

Anonymous said...

Re: iet
cause i think comment alone is enough =)

Re: sawwaa!
that explains why we got same percentage huh? hahah!

Karen Duncan said...

Ohh.. Juicy Couture is opening there?

But heck, cyrus.. I think I believe you when you say you shop better than girls. though I dont think girls shop useless things lor. Its just that we love it and its useful to us in a period of time.. then when its out of style, it will be there until the style come back.. hahahahhahaha

*esther* said...

cyrus, im heading to bkk in... 3 hours. hehe so excited - i know, im such a budak kecik. =P hehe. i hope i dun come back lesser 1k! *ahem! heheheheh...

have a great weekend! dun mind me borrow ur econs notes? =) thx.

Anonymous said...

yesh~! this dude seriously can shop better than girls~! he keep on eyeing on TOPMAN'S 2 top~!
wa-lau-eh~!
hell yeah~! ur test is hard as rock okay~!
hahaa

Anonymous said...

Re: liyee
Wey wey, better than u eyeing on Versace right? Hehe!