Today is the last day for me to serve as a barista in Starbucks. I still remember how difficult it was for me during the first few days when I just started, but that was then. I'm actually glad to be placed in KLCC 1 (busiest store in Malaysia) because I get to learn everything quickly and efficiently. It has been a culture, or i should say a must-do-thing in Starbucks (maybe just in my store) that when that particular day is the barista's birthday or last day, s/he must be soaked with whatever-you-can-find-in-Starbucks. Of course I can't escape from the devils in the store, let's recall what they have chosen to soak me. Oh by the way, They soaked me three times.
1) Stinky water (mixed of all beverages from customers, yes. when they can't finish)
2) Iced water
3) Iced Green Tea Latte
4) Green Tea powder + Chocolate Chip + water (blended)
and ultimately
5) Whipped cream!!!
Luckily I brought clothes to change, but I stink like hell man! Especially the whipped cream smell. Eeww~ Nevermind, it's my last day afterall. I will miss working in Starbucks.
Here comes the year of Rat. Reunion dinner was ok, as usual. Sometimes I wonder, reunion dinner is meant for a complete family to have dinner together to welcome the new year. But what if the family is incomplete? Do we call it a reunion dinner? This is the third time my mum is not with me to have reunion dinner, the first time she was in hospital to undergo bypass surgery. As I cleaned up the house just now, I automatically took out a family picture of us travelling somewhere, framed it and put it on the table although there was an existing one. Simply because family means so much to me, and I treasure the moment we spent together. Hmm, this year is the same, my dad gave my siblings and i an extra red packet (on behalf of my mum) but I guess he'd do the same thing from now onwards. For this new year, I bought him a shirt. Although he didn't comment anything but you can tell that he likes it through his actions. The money is so worth-spent =) Spend some of your precious time with your family this Chinese New Year while you still can.
Anyway, I'm here to wish you guys a very prosperous Chinese New Year! Stay healthy my friends.
- was taken at NZX, Ara Damansara.
2 comments:
I couldnt agree with you more, Cyrus.. I suppose sometimes you wouldnt mind spending more for your family rather than yourself.
They do teach us many things.
Happy Chinese New Year!
Happy Chinese New Year Cyrus!
You're right. I was thinking of the same thing. I mean, if a loved one isn't here anymore, why is it called a reunion dinner? It's so different, so empty without them. But, they're always around us, aren't they? Chinese New Year is the time when we get together and become a real family again.
And Cyrus, you're a good son lah. Mesti jadi bapak yang baik. =)
Post a Comment