Saturday, February 23, 2008

Remember this?


UFO IS ATTACKING THE UNIVERSE!

Oh well, this is something The Star reported on their cover page few years back (cheh, CJ7 meh?). But days after it was reported (it was such a big news that time), they realised that thing captured was not UFO, but Hung Ming lantern, or what it was originally called, the Celestial Lights. Chinese used the lanterns to bring their prayers to the heaven. Wondering how the lanterns fly up to the sky? Simply because they share the same theory as the hot air balloons.

Today when I was on the way home, I saw a young couple releasing the lanterns to the sky. And of course, I took out my camera and tried to take the best shots of it.




- lighting up at the bottom of the lantern



- bringing the wishes to heaven.


Thou I don't really believe in all these, but I don't mind releasing one cause it's fun!

As I said yesterday, I opened and counted all my ang paos already. The number not so satisfying but the amount not too bad. Every year, there will be one ang pao that I like the most. This year's "Best Ang Pao Design" goes to...

*jeng jeng jeng*








McDonald's!

5 comments:

sawwaa! said...

whaaaaat???? nooooo i disagree! its the barbie doll wan. so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

nooooo... not barbie, and not mcdonalds laa... shudn't it be the one that has a brown letter in it, with chinese wishes? that angpow is personalised some more... ;)

Karen Duncan said...

Hahaha.. I agree with Esther.. That one got so many types of design and personalised notes in it. That one is the best.

Oh wait!! I also like Padini's ang pow!!!

-hanz- said...

I didn't get Barbie Doll's mah!

Oh well, that one falls into the non-commercial type. Lolz! But hor, isn't it from some bank? Hehe!

sawwaa! said...

what brown letter?! esther, i dun get it. haha!

the barbie wan so the pretty..got asian barbie on the front. so nice lahhhhh i wanttttt!

.... u know, maybank's one damn clever. got paper inside printed on all sides for ALL festivities, so u just switch the side to show which celebration is it.. Deepavali ke CNY ke Raya ke... so clever lah!! sep money. haha!